Writer / Editor
Search Engine and Podcast Title and Description writer and transcript editor wanted on an ongoing and part-time basis. Longer term and more full-time opportunities may be available.
We are a legal marketing firm that provides websites and content writing for lawyers in every practice area.
Applicants should have the following skills:
- Excellent writer with basic skills in storytelling and copywriting
- Strong command of English grammar is a must (sentence structure, punctuation, proper word use and phrasing)
- Must be able to write compelling copy
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to provide high-quality work on a consistent basis
- Excellent listening skills (US Accent)
- Basic knowledge of S.E.O./hashtagging
- Ability to perform tasks within a given deadline (some assignments have a turnaround time within 3 business days)
The following skills are preferred, but not required for the right applicant:
- Transcription skills
- Legal experience
- Experience writing for search engines (SEO)
Your duties will be as follows:
- You will be editing transcripts from verbal interviews on a legal topic and editing it for sentence structure, grammar, spelling, etc.
- Transcripts are about 6-10 pages long (this includes title pages and table of contents). Transcripts take between 1-1.5 hours to complete.
- Transcripts are verbatim. You must be able to use experience and common sense to discern which things should be taken out of the transcripts (um’s and uh’s, etc.)
- It will be your job to make the text look presentable enough for a professional legal website.
- We would either give you about 10 questions with paragraph answers on a legal topic to rewrite into your own words (so that it is not plagiarized), or we will give you a several paragraph article to re-write into your own words (so that it is not plagiarized). You would rewrite that content and send it back to us.
- There are also assignments where you will need to write on a specific legal topic, using specific keywords.
- You will take a 30 – 50 minute podcast with the goal of turning it into a catchy “title and description” related to the podcast for our listeners.
- You will be writing compelling & engaging show notes posts to accompany podcast episodes (edited by someone else) including bullet points and episode titles.
*We project about 6+ transcripts and 4+ podcasts to be sent to you weekly.
Pay is $40 per transcript for up to 10 pages, and $3 per page afterwards. Writing assignments are paid on an hour basis of $20/hour, and take between 1-2 hours to complete. You are paid through direct deposit weekly each Friday.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume AND a 400-word writing sample using this prompt:
“DUI in your state.”
If you qualify, we will send you a few paragraphs of raw transcribed text for you to edit and send back as a sample.
A phone interview will be conducted afterwards for top applicants.
**Applicants who do not follow all instructions will not be considered.